Blackheads - Symptoms & Treatment
Blackheads and especially whiteheads are promoted by dark appearance is caused by the densely packed skin cells, which take on a dark colour excessive cellular exfoliation. The other name of Blackheads is open comedones, skin coloured are flat, darkened spots that form when pores become clogged with a mixture of sebum (or oil) and dead skin cells.. there are two types of blackheads. Open comedones are blackheads; black because of surface pigment (melanin) rather than dirt. Closed comedones are whiteheads; the follicle is completely blocked blackheads are very hard to prevent because of the skin's constant sebum production and cell turnover. Blackheads are not caused by dirt on the surface of the skin, and oil on the surface of the skin usually does no harm.
Symptoms of Blackheads
Blackheads and whiteheads are a combination of oils, sebum and cellular fragments that form firm to hard plugs within hair follicles. Blackheads are open to the skin's surface and become darkened at the surface by exposure to oxygen (oxidation). They are called open comedones (or comedo, singular). Whiteheads are closed from the skin's surface by cellular debris at the follicle opening. Because they are closed from oxygen they do not oxidize or turn brown. They form a light or yellow-white lump and are called milia (or milium, singular). When bacteria is added to these plugs, the condition can lead to acne.
Causes of Blackheads
Blackheads are generally effectively disorderd of cleanse and reduce bacteria toDevelpment of blackheads infection Ingredients in these cleansers also inhibit the production of sebum. Blackheads are not caused by dirt on the surface of the skin, and oil on the surface of the skin usually does no harm. But it is important for a person to wash their face regularly with any basic soap. There is no need to buy special soaps, and harsh abrasives should be avoided. Scrubbing can aggravate acne by forcing oils back into the skin tissue. Additionally, it is possible that people with dry skin will have dry sebum, which is prone to forming plugs picking or squeezing blackheads is also not advised. A blackhead can be squeezed back into the pore, leading only to an infection of the pore, showing itself as a "zit". A person should never pick a pimple unless there is a head on the pimple or they can see pus, and they have washed their hands thoroughly
Treatment of Blackheads
Blackheads home remedy treatment is quite effective. Following are some Black head cure home remedies. Read on for home remedy for Blackheads:
- In 3-4 cup boiled water, add 2 tsp of soda bicarbonate. Steam a towel with this. Thereafter, place the towel gently on your face. Do it for about 5-6 times. Make a paste by mixing 1 tsp curd and 1 tsp rice flour. Apply the paste on the affected area. After some time, wash your face with cold water.
- Salicylic acid, glycolic acid, benzyl peroxide, etc. can be counter-productive to softening and dissolving blackheads and whiteheads as they can dehydrate dry, normal and combination skin
- Take a pinch of soft portion of glycerin soap and mix with a pinch of table salt. Apply this mixture on the blackheads. Do it for about a week and see the magical results.
- Take about 1 tsp of juice extracted from fresh coriander leaves and add ½ tsp of turmeric powder in it. Apply this mixture while going to bed. Wash your face the next morning with cold water.
- Make a paste by mixing 1 tsp limejuice and 1 tsp of finely powdered cinnamon. Apply it on the affected area before going to bed. Wash it off in the morning.